Updated by Jeff Bashton, November 2020
Anybody wishing to make use of the TAVIP scholarship fund needs to observe the following rules:
- Applications for a scholarship should be submitted either to the Chair or the Secretary, preferably electronically. There is no formal application form but you should provide details of the course, why it is important to you and why TAVIP should support your application. As funds are limited it is up to you to justify why you should receive an award.
- The scholarship fund will normally be used to assist a member of TAVIP wishing to attend an approved or certificated course which enhances employability, job retention, progression or career change.
- The level of financial assistance will be decided by the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees based on the requirements of each applicant and will normally be limited to a proportion of the course fee as follows:
- Up to 25% of the course fee for applicants who have been a member of the association for at least 1 year but less than 3 years;
- Up to 50% for applicants who have been a member of the association for at least 3 years.
- Priority will be given to members who are either students or unemployed.
- Any applicant must be a fully paid up member of TAVIP.
- A member can only receive one funded application per year.
- On completion of the training, a full evaluation report of the course must be submitted to the secretary.
- The decision of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees is final in deciding if a grant will be awarded.
- While the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees will endeavour to decide about an application quickly, it is the responsibility of the applicant to submit the application as soon as possible. (Applications should be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to any booking closing date.)
- The TAVIP Board of Trustees is at liberty to disperse the fund in any other way is it deems appropriate.
Note: The Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees of the Technology Association of Visually Impaired People consists of the Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary.