We are currently offering free individual
membership for a three year period, so there has never been a better time to get involved, learn more about technology and have a say in the future of the charity.
Members play an essential role in TAVIP; they ensure that everything we do is influenced by the experiences and views of people a visual impairment and those working in the sector, they give the charity a powerful voice when advocating for improvements to products and services, and many of our members share their knowledge and experience of technology with others through the Email Discussion Forum, the monthly Tech Chat and TechaBreak weekends.
Members also play an important constitutional role in the organisation; they elect trustees to run the charity on a day-to-day basis and they make key decisions about the future of the charity by voting on proposals at the Annual General Meeting.
A summary of the role of members is available here.
So whether you are a visually impaired person using technology in your daily life, a professional who is committed to providing advice and support on assistive technology, or perhaps both of these, you are very welcome to join us as a member of the charity and to help us maximise the impact of our work.
There are three types of membership:
- Individual membership
- Organisation membership
- Honorary membership
The majority of TAVIP members will be individuals who will enjoy the benefits of full membership.
- Being able to contact the association at any time by phone or email.
- Joining the Email Discussion Forum where members can ask questions and receive informed prompt responses.
- Access to regular training events, currently provided over Zoom, on a variety of topics of interest to members. Members are always free to suggest topics they would like covered.
- The ability to receive 1:1 assistance via the monthly Tech Chat.
- Access to our Scholarship Fund.
- Access to other initiatives such as the Technology for Work Training Course.
- Discounts at Tech a Break events.